Meeting (to be) held on 2008/05/01 at 19:00 in Faculty Board Room
SOWN Projects Group (SOWN-PG)
- Progress on:
- Public IPv4 for SOWN
- Tim thought report overestimated slightly
- Tim will meet with us a some point to discuss further
- New Soekris board order update
- Board has arrived
- Won't get pass BIOS without serial cable attached
- Soekris emailed about the problem
- Return of Home nodes
- morse will send email
- Ask for return by last day of semester 2 if node owners are moving or leaving
- Owner on Forster Road node can keep their node and move it to Shakespheare Avenue
- Handling problematic nodes
- Are Helpdesk willing to send out emails to two nodes that have been down over 2 months?
- User:DavidNewman hasn't had a chance to ask helpdesk if they can do this
- Website/DNS Move - Any problems?
- DNS move does not seem to have happened yet
- User:DavidNewman has gone through and removed all remote includes on sown.org.uk
- Expansion of user community
- zepler.net - Already possible. Liaise with Dave Challis to get this up and running
- alumni.soton.ac.uk - waiting for an external company to get back to us on this
- sown.org.uk - To be request able from the contact us page that is to be put on auth and then manually created. *** Not done yet as far as those present at meeting aware
- Speeding up load time of SOWN homepage
- Map seems to load fast enough at the moment so no need to use any of the caching idea suggested.
- SOWN Portal
- Useful links portlet added
- SOWN announcements portlet still to be done
- Authentication for devices without web interface
- User:Morse has created database table and started to write PHP frontpage to allow user to add one MAC address that will automatically be authenicated when the user logs into SOWN.
- We did some documentation at the workshop last weekend