Meeting (to be) held on 2009/04/30 at 19:00 in Faculty Board Room
- SOWN[at]HOME Nodes
- Drummond node kernel paniced and for some reason didn't reboot. SjH is looking into the problem. This is a different problem to that seen previously.
- Highfield Crescent is either off or has also crashed.
- daveruss to look into who needs to return nodes before they leave the Uni.
- Time default script has been rolled out to most nodes, there is also a script to test if the upgrade has been run.
- It was also discussed that we should have a new nagios script to check that nodes have been upgraded with the latest install scripts on Auth.
- Admin Tasks
- A new radius login php/c script is now running on Auth which also provides greater security.
- Startup Issues - Nat is now fixed to allow port 4444.
- Database Permissions Audit (crwilliams)
- Colin has been looking into this and is constructing a list of things ready to be moved or deleted.
- LDAP Query Permissions Audit needed?
- Is a good point and should be looked into at some point.
- Nagios 'Reminders' to 'support' email address (crwilliams)
- Are these necessary? - Yes but they need to be snapshot not a digest.
- If so, at what frequency? - 8am, 12pm , 4pm
- How about via sown-bot? - Leave as is.
- SOWN Core Network Update (Davetaz)
- 6core and Dev are working on a life support machine which will be switched off soon, they need to be replaced ASAP.
- Nat will be replaced with a new box and nat will become dev. The new NAT will then duplicate as NAT and 6core with 3 interfaces.
- Final outcome being one less box on the network.
- We need to leave the bottom 3U of our rack free for a UPS.
- We are still working on get building plans. Otherwise no progress
- 802.11r (Jos)
- One of the nodes works, the second needs to be slaved against it. The setup node scripts need to be tweaked to support multiple node types.
- Work is in progress.