Meeting:2010/03/04

From SOWNWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Meeting (to be) held on 2010/03/04 at 19:00 in Faculty Board Room

Previous meeting: 25 February 2010 19:00:00 Next meeting: 11 March 2010 19:00:00

Minutes

  • SOWN[at]HOME Nodes
    • Archers Road
      • Node host says he will bring it back soon - Leth
    • Steep Close
    • Halls' Bars' nodes (daveruss)
      • Chamberlain
        • No progress
    • Buying new nodes (Davetaz)
      • Davetaz has bought two of each types of the OpenMesh nodes
      • They should arrive soon (before the weekend)


  • Dev8D deployment report (Davetaz)
    • One of the power supplies had a dodgy power supply, which caused some problems.
    • Problematic when lots of people in the same room - obvious
    • Have been reset to deployable status


  • Infrastructure issues
    • UPS temperature warning (Davetaz)
      • Aircon temperature has been increased from 21C to 25C
      • UPS/TEMP check been increased from 25C/30C to 30C/40C
    • Radius authentication (morse)
      • Broke last weekend
      • failed over to LDAP
      • Fixed itself early this week, not sure how, possibly a change in ECS Radius config.
    • Where has SUSU gone? (daveruss)
      • Nagios script needs to join on the node_admins script to know who to email
      • SUSU had no admins
      • Script changed to have a left join so nodes don't disappear off nagios
      • We will add a Nagios check to ensure all non-development deployments have a node admin
    • Package updates on Auth and GW (morse)
      • Done by morse.
      • Also updated Slartibartfast
      • Need to check version of GRUB
      • Suspect version of GRUB on Auth we can patch the later version of GRUB from unstable
    • VPN Disk warning (Leth)
      • Leth updated VPN packages for PHP (amongst others) that caused deprecation and timezone warnings. This filled the logs. Leth has fixed the things that caused these warnings. Logs have been rotated and there is no longer a disk warning.
      • We need to monitor how quickly various log files are filling up. morse will turn this functionality on and crwilliams will graph it.
      • We will continue to truncate logs when we logrotate on VPN
    • Ajaxification of login page issues (morse and Davetaz)
      • We need to fix the cache control so other pages will load the originally requested page once a user is logged in. Some browsers seem to cache even when told not to.
    • Anything else?
      • Checking subnets in use on node admin page check has flagged many duplicate subnets (Davetaz)
      • SjH appears to have manually allocated the subnet instead of using the function Davetaz and Paul wrote. Which has caused issues when trying to detect duplicates. crwilliams has a better function we could use to test this but this needs to do V6 as well.


  • "Janet News" article (crwilliams)
    • No progress
    • Article should contain
      • SOWN outreach to academics
        • Through eduroam
        • Through wireless at conferences
      • Community aspect
      • Investigation new technologies


  • Admin tasks
    • Community accounts audit (daveruss)
      • No progress
    • SUSU form (daveruss)
      • Handed in Wednesday Lunchtime by daveruss




  • AOB
    • SjH has imported FOAF properties for wiki exported RDF
Facts about "2010/03/04"
Has date4 March 2010 19:00:00 +
Has end date4 March 2010 20:00:00 +
Has location32/4073 +