Workshop (to be) held on 2016/06/11 at 11:00 in Faculty Board Room
- Setup Sown-buildroot so it can be used to flash one of the new AR150s that have just arrived.
- Determine what modifications need to be made to get the SOWN firmware working the MT300As.
- To discuss and maybe implement:
- Get node to detect modified config files
- Improve security of our OpenWRT packages
- Consider the repercussions of allowing 3rd party configured nodes
- Add support for client isolation on wireless interface.
- Node-owner firewall control - Skybound is already working on this.
- Allow node config to specify additional DNS servers for selected domains and make this configurable from the admin site
- swap 'sown' and 'atheros' packages trees on the public website once all nodes have the config
- Configure server-side openvpn tunnels to work with ipv6
- Check/add support for IPv6 on nodes where host network supports IPv6.
- Consider reorganising node's crontab so jobs do not collide
- Consider how node's configuration can be tweaked to support wet bits of string
- review syslogs in /etc/sisyphus to see if an warning/error/notice log messages can be fixed
Will do only 1 or 2 or these this workshop, we need to choose which.
- Create a new VM for running a RADIUS server
- Create a new VM for running an OpenVPN server
- Create a new VM for running the development version of the admin site
- Create a new VM for determining how to migrate Icinga to the latest version of Icinga 2 on Ubuntu 16.04.
- Create a new VM for running a master internal DNS server for SOWN.
- Build VM on sown-vms as a new-style package management server on its existing addresses